First point of contact for: Wakefield
Specialism: Training development and coordination
liz.morton [at] leeds.anglican.org
0113 353 0237
First point of contact for: Ripon
Specialism: Ministry with families in a variety of contexts, including baptism, all age activities and parent & toddler groups.
anne.carter [at] leeds.anglican.org
0113 353 0239
First point of contact for: Bradford
Specialism: Facilitating parishes to support people with disabilities and additional needs.
katherine.grasham [at] leeds.anglican.org
0113 353 0235
First point of contact for: Leeds
Specialism: Support in the funding, recruitment, management and supervision of children, youth and family workers, and in the training, mentoring and development of paid youth workers.
dawn.savidge [at] leeds.anglican.org
0113 353 0234
First point of contact for: Huddersfield
Specialism: encouraging and enabling participation of children and young people in parish and diocesan structures, the Church of England Youth Council & in ministry and mission.
graeme.bigg [at] leeds.anglican.org
0113 353 0236
Ministry and Mission Administrator
First point of contact for: General enquiries for the team
Specialism: Administrative support
charlie.scott [at] leeds.anglican.org
0113 353 0238
We host a Facebook group for anyone involved in children, young people and family ministry where people share details of events, resources, activities and training and also ask questions, debate ideas and learn together.
We have a Twitter profile where we document a bit of what each of us are up to in and around the diocese.
We also have a Pinterest account where we collate ideas for different festivals, groups and activities.
Click here to learn how to make the most of social media!
If you would like to sign up for our monthly newsletter, please join our Digital Learning Platform for free, select that you have an interest in “Children and Youth” and confirm that you would like to receive newsletters. To view previous editions, please click below:
Here are some of the areas that the team might be able to help you with:
• Starting up Children/Youth work
• Basic Good Practice for children and youth work
• Play therapy
• Toddler groups
• All age/intergenerational worship
• Supporting work with older children and teenagers
• Admission to Communion
• Confirmation - nurture and discipleship for young people
• Spiritual development for children and young people
• Ways of listening and enabling children and young people to participate in church life
• Developing young leaders
• Godly Play
• Open the Book
• Messy Church
• Explore Together
• Support for those considering employing a children/young people/family worker
• Working in teams
• Interfaith work
• Training for leaders
• Engaging with parents/faith at home
• Mentoring for workers
• Basics of mentoring young people
• LGBTQ+ issues
• Mental health
• Social media
• Disabilities and additional needs
• Bereavement and grief
• Creating a curriculum for children and young people’s work