Churchyards can be a haven for biodiversity, a showcase for God’s wonderful creation. They can provide a space for everyone to come and worship in and with creation. They are great place to invite your local community into. The trees, hedges, grassland on your church land also bless your community by capturing carbon, improving air quaity and reducing flood risk.
Resources for churchyard management
- Expore the Church of England webinar series on land and nature
- Caring for God’s Acre provide a wide range of resources to assist with sensitive churchyard management.
- Resources from the recent Diocesan Advisory Committee (DAC) churchyard conference are here
- Get help and advice from your Area Environment Champion or the Diocesan Environment Group Biodiversity Advisor.
- Our Church Environment Resources List is a good place to look for further online advice and information.