At the start of 2021, parishioners are invited to join and take part in a number of supportive online communities set up by the Diocese of Leeds.
Hosted on Facebook, these private groups have been created to offer a safe space to share tips, good news and ideas. Each has its own particular emphasis and details of each one can be found below.
Leeds CofE Comms Champions
A group for those in the diocese interested in all things digital. All churches are welcome to share tips, good practice and ideas for social media, church websites and the A Church Near You platform.
Richard Earnshaw, the Digital and Social Media Officer for the Diocese of Leeds, said, “Digital tools and platforms have become more important than ever to cathedrals and churches, as a way of hosting services and communicating with people across the communities they serve.”
“Our Comms Champions Facebook group is a place for anyone involved in digital, no matter their level. It’s a place to ask questions and where we endeavour to support and encourage one another as we all try to help our churches digitally reach out into our parishes.”
Leeds CofE Camera Club
Keen photographers are invited to join this online camera club which celebrates the events and beautiful places of our young diocese.
The aim is to pack the page with great shots of landscapes, architecture and Christian activity from Richmond to Halifax, Bradford to Barnsley and Settle to Pontefract.
Fun challenges and competitions are held, but any favourite images which capture the energy of our five Episcopal Areas are welcome and may also be posted to the Diocesan website.
Safe Togetherness - guidance and support regarding COVID-19
Set up in the wake of the pandemic last year, this is a group designed to give easy access to information and church resources for those across the diocese, regarding coronavirus.
For many at the moment times are uncertain and challenging, and we want this to be a space for people to talk to one another, offer support and share the good things your church is doing to help those in need and shine as a light in your community.
An online group hosted by the Children, Young People & Families Team in the Diocese of Leeds.
It is open to anyone involved or interested in ministry with under 18s and their families, whether you are paid or voluntary, experienced or new to this line of work.
They hope this page can be a useful way for people to share ideas, resources, questions, information and events to do with children, youth and family ministry that might be beneficial for the wider network.
Environment - Diocese of Leeds
A way to keep up to date with the latest environment news, views and resources from across the diocese, to help you and your church take care of creation.
A group for anyone involved in advocating for people with disabilities within the Anglican Diocese of Leeds.
If one of these online communities is relevant to you and you wish to join, search for them on Facebook by using the name of the group. An invitation will be sent to those who administer each group and the request will be processed as quickly as possible.
There are also a number of great Diocese of Leeds pages on Facebook for you to follow. These include:
- Diocese of Leeds, Church of England - the main page on Facebook for the diocese. A place filled with prayers, inpirational content, the most recent news, updates, events, training, stories and more.
- Leeds Diocese Vocations - a page for anyone who wants to explore God's call on their life. It isn't just for those exploring ordination, though that will be a major theme of the content.
- Money for Mission - a page created by the Stewardship and Income Generation Team at the Diocese of Leeds. Churches can find finance-related news and events here.
- Church Growth - Leeds CofE - the official Facebook Page for the Diocese of Leeds Church Growth department. They share news, events, stories, and encouragement.
- Ripon Episcopal Area Lay Training - keep up to date with news and events offered by the Anglican Diocese of Leeds in Richmond, Skipton, Wensley, Harrogate, Ripon and the surrounding area.